The way you put them has a big impact on how you look and what reactions it triggers. Especially when you mix & match different earrings, a fashion trend that is starting to get big!
Although your style and preferences should always guide your choices – never ignore that! – then there are some things you can keep in mind to emphasize the best of you, and highlight your already beautiful natural features.
Are you ready to figure out how to wear asymmetrical earrings that do not fit together? Keep reading because this guide is worth its weight in gold!
a. Theme: If you wear earrings that share a theme, you are sure that they complement each other. A great option, for example, is to match a leaf earring with an earring with a flower or fruit. Or try the same pattern, for example a particular flower, in different lengths (a stud and a drop of earring). In all these cases, both items share the same theme, which is “nature”.
b. Colour: Uniformity in color also combines two different earrings, creating a harmonious pair. On the other hand, you can also choose complementary colors to achieve a subtle contrast.
c. Form: Form is another aspect you need to keep in mind. For example, if both items share geometric shapes, or if they have organic curved shapes that make them look alike, then you’ll probably have a successful match!
d. Material: Last but not least, try with earrings made of the same material. Match silver earrings with other silver earrings. Or items with the same type of stone. The resemblance will create an elegant uniformity.
For example, you can combine two different colors in the same style, and match it with your outfit.
It’s a bold style, but if done right, it can be really breathtaking.
- Wear very long uneven earrings with very little asymmetry. It emphasizes your smile and your collarbone.
- Wear small studs with the same (or almost the same) number of earrings in each ear. Because they are small and located above the cheekbone, they emphasize your eyes, creating a very romantic look.
- Wear a statement earring with jewel and balance your look with your hair style.
- Wear different statement earrings that are very asymmetrical. It looks unbalanced, which is not the most flattering choice.
- Wear a very different number of earrings on each side. It creates imbalance and confusion as to whether to look left or right.
- Wear a single statement earring, and arrange your hair to the same side. It adds additional weight to that side, creating an asymmetrical look.
Beauty has always been associated with symmetry, and our goal is to seek ways to improve our own traits, and far from supporting the idea of a single beauty pattern.
Follow the guide and you will quickly find out how you can create countless, dressy looks, and get the most out of the earrings you already have and the ones you buy later.
I hope you find this guide useful, and have been inspired to choose the next piece of jewelry that highlights your natural beauty!
Visit our jewelry universe inspired by nature and discover what is available to you!